Trethowans regularly advise both lenders and borrowers on property finance matters with values typically between £250,000 - £20m.
This practice is built on a very strong understanding of the commercial property business and the legal issues underpinning it.
We have considerable expertise in property finance and this first hand knowledge of the market means that we can quickly identify the key issues in the following types of transactions:
- Investment finance
- Development finance
Above all we do not lose sight of the commercial backdrop and the objectives of our clients. Our advice will be given quickly and in an easy to understand format to ensure our clients have the best chance of getting the deal done on time.
Our property finance lawyers work very closely with the firm's corporate and litigation teams to prepare certificates on title, draft bespoke facility and security documents where required and perfect security.
Our clients include:
- The Co-Operative Bank plc
- Handelsbanken AB publ
- Lloyds TSB Bank plc
- Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- Santander UK plc
Work highlights include:
- Acting for a lender in the re-financing of a national portfolio of 20 plus healthcare properties with a value of circa £10m
- Acting for a lender in the intra-group restructuring of a number of central London investment properties with a value of circa £13m
- Acting for a lender in completing and securing 400 separate transactions within a 12 month period.
If you would like to know more about property finance please contact Paul Longman.