We have a particular expertise in advising on security enforcement and disputes arising in a banking context. Jon Kelly has represented some of the largest UK banks as well as a range of other financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and LPA receivers.
Jon undertakes security reviews for lenders and insolvency practitioners, often in the context of complex group structures and mixed corporate and personal securities. He advises on enforcement strategies and the best options for realisation. Jon also specialises in disputes involving security realisation, guarantees and unsecured facilities. Often these disputes arise out of administrations and LPA Receiverships.
Jon is recommended as a “leading individual” in the field of banking litigation in Chambers & Partners, a key independent guide to the legal profession.
We can advise on:
- Security reviews for banks and other lenders
- Enforcement strategies for corporate and personal security
- Security realisation, whether through administration appointments, LPA receiverships or Court action
- Regulatory issues
- Recovery of unsecured facilities
- Actions on corporate and personal guarantees
- Lender claims against solicitors and valuers
- Advising LPA receivers and administrators on appointments, security issues and post-appointment disputes
- Fraud investigations, especially in relation to mortgages, discounting facilities and insolvencies
We can deal with banking disputes on a range of different funding arrangements, including conditional fee agreements.
If you have any questions about the services that we can provide on security enforcement and banking disputes please contact Jon Kelly.