Our specialist licensing team will assist you with your legal requirements and help you get the best out of your business.
The team has unparalleled experience of providing advice and assistance to operators in the betting arena and has top rated professional recommendations in both the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and the Legal 500 directories.
We have acted for Ladbrokes for over 30 years and are regularly instructed as their advocate in contested cases throughout England and Wales. Many of our clients have been dealing with us for a number of years and seek our advice and assistance on an ongoing basis.
Julia Palmer’s appointment as a consultant in 2010 has widened the range of licensing advice that we can offer to clients. She has extensive experience of betting law and regularly appears as an advocate around the country.
We can assist you with advice on:
- Applications for licences - including new premises, variations of premises, track betting, operating and personal
- Licence reviews
- The ongoing impact of the Gambling Act 2005 and regulations on the operation of a bookmaker’s business
- Drafting betting rules and dealing with disputes
- Track licensing
- E-gaming, including specialist advice on the impact of advertising regulations on permitted promotions
- Offshore operations
- Pool betting
- Competition and lottery schemes
- Liaising with the Gambling Commission
We pride ourselves on providing a first class, personalised service and work closely with our clients to achieve their commercial aims in this highly competitive industry. We can be relied upon to react quickly in any situation regardless of how short the notice.