At Trethowans, we have specific litigation solicitors who have a particular expertise in disputes arising in a banking or insolvency context. Jon Kelly has represented some of the largest UK banks as well as a range of other financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and LPA receivers.
On the banking side, Jon is recommended as a “Leading Individual” in the field of banking litigation in Chambers & Partners, a key independent guide to the legal profession. As a litigation lawyer, Jon specialises in disputes involving enforcement strategies, guarantees and security realisation.
On the insolvency side, Jon has acted for numerous insolvency practitioners on personal and corporate insolvency matters. This usually involves claims arising out of bankruptcies and liquidations and, in a banking context, disputes arising out of LPA receiverships and administrations.
We can advise on:
- Enforcement strategies for personal and corporate security;
- Security realisation, whether through Court action, LPA receiverships or other insolvency procedures;
- Recovery of unsecured facilities;
- Actions on personal and corporate guarantees;
- Lender claims against solicitors and valuers;
- Advising LPA receivers and administrators on appointments and post-appointment disputes;
- General insolvency litigation, including claims to set aside transactions at an undervalue and preferences; and
- Fraud investigations, especially in relation to mortgages, discounting facilities and insolvencies.
We can deal with banking and insolvency matters on a range of different funding arrangements, including conditional fee agreements.
If you have any questions about the services that our team can provide on banking and insolvency litigation please contact Jon Kelly. Our litigation solicitors will be more than happy to help you with your queries.