All employees must be supplied with a “statement of employment particulars”, in other words an employment contract, within 2 months of starting work. The contract must, as a minimum, contain information about:
- Name of employee
- Name of employer
- Start date of employment
- Start date of continuous employment
- Salary or rate of pay and when paid (e.g. weekly/monthly etc)
- Hours of work
- Holidays (both contractual and statutory)
- Sick pay
- Job title of job description
- If a fixed term contract, the date on which it is to end
- Place of work
- Whether there are any collective agreements in place
- If the employee is to work outside the UK, information about that employment
On top of the bare minimum, the contract is your opportunity to clarify your employees’ rights and obligations.
If you would like help in drafting or amending contracts of employment, please contact any member of our team.