Businesses are subject to a complex array of regulations under the criminal law. We are here to help you meet the legal requirements and also to support you if something goes wrong.
We offer specialist advice to businesses on compliance with regulations covering areas such as health and safety, fire safety, environmental, bribery, food safety and consumer protection. By instructing us, we can help you to protect your business as well as enhance its value and reputation.
If something goes wrong – there is an accident, or pollution incident for instance – then the potential consequences can include criminal convictions (for the business and directors), financial penalties, imprisonment for directors, adverse publicity and ultimately the demise of the business. We can guide you through the criminal investigation, media coverage and court proceedings, providing you with robust and effective advice at all times.
Sarah Wheadon, our Health and Safety and Regulatory partner has a wealth of experience in this area and has been described by the Chambers & Partners legal directory as being “quick, efficient”, “exceptionally able and dedicated” and “absolutely first class” as well as being recognised for her knowledge of health and safety and environmental law.
How we can help you
We aim to build long term relationships with our clients and provide a complementary offering to our other commercial services to ensure that as a firm, we meet your business needs.
Our services include:
- advice on specific compliance or regulatory issues
- legal ‘health checks’ to identify areas of concern
- reviewing and drafting policies and procedures
- advice in the event your business is investigated by a enforcement authority, such as the Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency or Trading Standards
- representation at interviews under caution (PACE interviews)
- representation at court (Magistrates’ and Crown Courts)