The commercial property team comprises highly experienced lawyers providing first class advice to a wide variety of national brands, businesses and individuals.
Our approach is to provide a commercial, proactive and responsive service to ensure that transactions are progressed as quickly as possible. We provide commercial advice and suggest solutions rather than simply identifying problems. Our policy of open and frequent communication means that our clients are always kept up-to-date. Where necessary, specialist teams are built to ensure that clients benefit from the appropriate level of knowledge and experience at the right cost.
We have the resources and skills to manage a wide range of commercial property legal work from straightforward property transactions through to complex projects, or lines of work involving high volumes of transactions.
Our team is recommended in Chambers and Legal 500, the independent guides to the legal profession.
Some examples of our recent experience include:
- merger of two independent betting shop chains to create one of the largest independent betting chains in the country
- acquisition of a betting shop business involving a portfolio of 16 properties
- dealing with disposals during the last 12 months of a value exceeding £400 million
- acquisition, redevelopment and letting of landmark office building in Poole for developer clients (value c. £9m)
- acquisition of industrial plant in the North of England for Italian based biochemical business (value c. £8m)
- acting for tenant on a lease of industrial premises with a rent of £450,000 pa
- acting for a pension company in relation to a Forward Funding Agreement for the development of one of the first Costa Coffee “Drive Thru” sites in the UK
- completing over 250 secured lending transactions for Santander over a period of 12 months