Trethowans has always had a strong presence in the commercial property market and service many clients with large portfolios of properties including pension funds.
In recent years it has become evident that many of our clients require specialist advice in terms of their property portfolios which goes beyond sales, purchases and leases and moves into a more rounded ability to advise on all aspects of their business such as:
- recovering debts from tenants;
- disposing of businesses which have a large property base; and
- giving advice to property owners as to the most tax efficient way to hold and dispose of their interests.
It is for these reasons that we have formed a specialist team of experts experienced in providing dedicated services to the property and pension portfolio sector.
We are one of the top firms in the country in terms of pension property expertise.
We act for a number of household names who also have large property holdings such as Ladbrokes Limited, Jewsons Limited, Bacardi Martini, Tate & Lyle Plc as well as many individuals who have portfolios of properties numbering from five to five hundred.
The management and ownership of property forms a key aspect of business planning, whether a one-off transaction or part of a wider development or investment programme.
We can advise you on all aspects of your commercial property requirements and help you maximise your investment.
What people say about us
Recommended by Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession 2009:
- It has a long-standing reputation for pension fund work, particularly in advising pension schemes on transferring substantial property portfolios, such as in the case of its representation of Rowanmoor Pensions on its transfer of 650 properties.
- Offering "really great advice and gaining business hand over fist," this growing team acts for a range of international and major regional clients.
- The department is commended for its "swift and accurate responses to requests" and for the lawyers' ability to "think right around a problem to achieve the desired end results."