TIME: 10am - 6pm
LOCATION: The Community Centre, Somerstown Central
ADDRESS: Rivers Street, Southsea, PO5 4EY
• delayed diagnosis
• birth injuries to mother or child, including cerebral palsy
• surgical errors • prescription or medication errors
• mistakes made during or following treatment
• missed fractures
No appointment is necessary. The clinics are a walk-in advice service that is open from 10am until 6pm. If you are unable to attend one of our sessions, we can also arrange a free telephone consultation. If we agree to take your case on, any ongoing legal support you may require is offered on a NO WIN NO FEE basis.
What is medical negligence?
NHS care is usually very good and most people do not experience any problems. But occasionally things can go wrong. Medical negligence is where a patient is harmed because they have received poor medical care from healthcare professionals. A compensation claim can be pursued when medical diagnosis, a surgical procedure or hospital treatment goes wrong, providing the mistake or accident was due to negligence by a healthcare professional, surgeon or doctor.
• Compensation for injury, pain and suffering
• Payment for ongoing treatment / rehabilitation
• Compensation if you can’t carry out certain activities or hobbies
• Loss of earnings
• The cost of any extra care or equipment you may need
• The cost of adapting your home
What happens at the drop-in clinic?
You can come along to our clinic on Tuesday 21st March, at a time suitable for you between 10am and 6pm and speak to one of our specialist clinical negligence solicitors. Our advisors are there to listen to your circumstances and provide an initial opinion on any claim you may have. You are under no obligation and this advice is offered free to help explain your legal rights and your potential options.
What should you bring to the clinic?
Although you do not need to bring anything with you to the drop-in session, if you have any documentation or paperwork that you would like to discuss with our advisors, please feel free to bring them along.
Outside of clinic times we can also provide free, telephone consultations on the following issues:
• Personal Injuries (trips & slips, road accidents, workplace accidents, industrial diseases);
• Property services (buying and selling, conveyancing).
• Employment advice (contracts, unfair dismissal, redundancy)