October has seen the usual influx of people who clearly want to celebrate their new home over Christmas. And there is nothing more rewarding for a conveyancer than to be the one who helps them do just that.
But isn’t it too late? Absolutely not!
We certainly target a 4 week maximum period to a exchange, and we chase other conveyancers to do likewise. Why be slower? After all, estate agent has spent weeks of their time finding a buyer, the last thing they need is a slow conveyancer threatening the deal and causing cold feet.
However, the choice of conveyancer is crucial to achieving pace. But not rushing. Instead, expertly prompt.
By making the right choice, you can ensure your conveyancer will be dynamic and prioritise prompt activity in the following ways:
1) If a conveyancer has received verbal instructions to act, there is no reason to lose up to 2 weeks waiting for signed confirmation before doing any work
2) Question whether a law firm has to wait for money on account before auctioning conveyancing searches, or requesting £6 worth of title deeds from the Land Registry website
3) The same day a law firm is instructed, they can obtain title deeds from the land Registry website and draft most of the contract papers. Certainly a plan for the buyers searches
4) Promote their employees email addresses and telephone numbers on their website. A sure sign of an accountable and prompt team, who you can easily reach, and who clearly want to engage in communication with you
5) They employ conveyancers with experience, and dedicate the very same named lawyer to you the whole way through….not a conveyor belt of people who and who will appreciate the whole picture
6) They are prompt in replying by email – test them and see
Please ask if we can help, as we intend to wish all our clients a very merry Christmas in their new homes.