A swathe of lawyers from regional law firm Trethowans have been ranked as among the best in the UK today (November 2).
The Chambers & Partners 2018 directory – widely considered the UK legal industry’s most prestigious guide - was released this afternoon and it features 17 of Trethowans’ lawyers.
It comes just weeks after the practice, which has offices in Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Winchester and a base in London was named as the fastest-growing firm in the UK with turnover up to £24m.
Managing partner Chris Whiteley said: “We are absolutely thrilled to once again feature so heavily in the Chambers directory. It is testament to the knowledge and hard work of our lawyers - and yet more proof that we are providing our clients with a first class service.”
The Chambers & Partners publication lists the top lawyers in the UK, based on feedback from clients and peers. Those with the highest scores are ranked in bands from one to six, with band one being the best.
An even higher accolade of ‘eminent practitioner’ exists for highly influential lawyers in a particular practice area who, due to managerial or client relationship commitments, are less active in fee-earning work but remain key players in the team. Trethowans’ managing partner, Chris Whiteley, retained this title in this year’s list, having first being named an eminent practitioner in last year’s guide.
Among the lawyers from Trethowans’ offices across the south featured this year are:
- Julia Palmer - consultant solicitor, licensing team
- Marcus Thorpe – partner, agriculture & rural property team
- Clare Carter – partner, clinical negligence team
- Chris Whiteley – managing partner
- Andrew Mercer – partner, family team
- Garry Treagust – partner, commercial property team
- Sophie Eales – partner, corporate team
- Jon Kelly – partner, commercial litigation team
- Gavin Lane – partner, personal injury team
- Nick Gent – partner, corporate team
- Mike Watson – partner, corporate team
- Simon Rhodes – senior partner, employment team
- Grant Cameron – partner, family team
- Richard Cook – partner, commercial litigation team
- Bethany Blamire – partner, insurance litigation team
- Kelvin Farmaner – partner, insurance litigation team
- Paul Longman – partner, commercial property team
Trethowans has seen a number of its practice areas featured too. They include:
- Agriculture and rural affairs
- Banking and finance
- Clinical negligence: mainly claimant
- Personal injury: mainly claimant
- Real estate
Trethowans’ success in the Chambers & Partners directory comes as the firm aims to become a top 100 UK practice by 2020 with a turnover target of £20m.
Chris Whiteley added: “We recently set out a clear strategy for growth and the fact that we’ve had so many highlights since then, like our Chambers ranking and being named as one of the fastest-growing firms, demonstrates the firm’s continued success.”