Caroline is a partner in the Commercial Property Team and team leader of the Commercial Property Team in Salisbury. She qualified as a solicitor in 1987 and has been with Trethowans since 2004.
Caroline deals with in non-contentious landlord and tenant work and commercial conveyancing. She specialises in pension property work, transfers of businesses, and all non-contentious leasehold enfranchisement matters.
Chambers (2015) describes Caroline as having 'notable experience in commericial property and specialises in landlord and tenant law.'
Examples of how Caroline has helped clients include:
- Caroline has helped a number of clients on complex pension property transactions required to restructure their pension property holdings to remain within statutory regulations while allowing funds to be injected or property to be released from the fund to deal with problems caused by the difficult economic climate. In some cases these have been carried out to a very tight time scale to meet lenders demands or the end of the tax year.
- She has completed secured lending on three large transactions each completed in less than 10 days. One involved a newly built development, one involved student accommodation bought prior to auction from LPA receivers and the third involved a refinance of assets being transferred from a trust to a limited liability partnership. In each case immediate responses and advice were required by her clients to enable the transactions to go ahead without delay, the speed of the transaction being described as a miracle in one case.
Away from the office...
Caroline spends her leisure time with her family and taking part in local musical events. She enjoys tennis and her garden, where she keeps chickens.
- Leases and landlord and tenant law
- Property work for personal pensions
- Business purchases especially pubs and hotels
- Secured lending
- Leasehold enfranchisement