Jamie is a Corporate lawyer specialising in acquisitions and disposals, with particular experience in the IT sector. He also acts for companies and individuals in relation to shareholder, LLP or partnerships agreements.
Jamie qualified into the corporate team of Coffin Mew LLP in 2011, making Associate in 2015. He joined Trethowans in November 2015.
Jamie has acted in a number of recent deals in the IT sector including:
- the granting of options in a UK based company in the IT sector, by an investor based in the United States. The initial investment was $8m and the target value of the options is in excess of $200m.
- the sale of the entire issued share capital of a specialist software company, in their disposal of the entire share capital of the company to a subsidiary of Toronto Stock Exchange listed Constellation Software Inc.
- leading on the sale of the entire issued share capital of a software and driver company to Control 4 EMEA Limited the UK arm of NASDAQ Listed, Control 4 Corp.
Outside this sector, highlights include advising on:-
the acquisition of a local Golf and Country Club from Quindell Plc, with associated shareholder and funding arrangements; and
- a £10m investment by the Business Growth Fund for a 14% shareholding in a distribution company during June 2015.
Examples of how Jamie has helped clients:
- "Jamie was always professional, inspired trust and was pro-active on our behalf. It was a real pleasure to work with him."
- "Jamie did a great job of actually understanding what we were about and also understanding our business... he grasped that very quickly."
Away from the office...
During the last five summers, Jamie has undertaken road trips across the USA. In 2012, he drove Washington DC to San Francisco. Presently, most of his spare time is taken up renovating his new house, but he has found this enjoyable and has learnt lots of new skills! Jamie enjoys watching (and occasionally) playing cricket. He follows Hampshire and England and is a season ticket holder at Hampshire.
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Disposals
- Corporate Finance
- Shareholder and Partnership Arrangements
- Company Law
- Group Reorganisations