Jennifer is a Partner in the Commercial Property Team. She qualified with the firm in 2003 and rejoined the firm in August 2010.
Jennifer has many years of experience in advising property clients on a wide range of real estate matters with a particular focus on landlord and tenant matters and transactions involving the leisure, retail and care home sectors. She also has a great deal of experience in property-based funding work, having acted for a number of banks and lending institutions.
Recent experience includes:
- advising a clearing bank on the refinance of various care homes for £125 m;
- acting on behalf of various care home operators in relation to the acquisition of existing care homes and also in relation to the purchase of sites for the construction of new care homes;
- advising a clearing bank on the acquisition of a site for the construction of a mixed use development;
- acting on behalf of a major bank in relation to a £9m land loan and development facility for the construction of a new hotel;
- acting for various fashion retailers on the acquisition of new stores;
- advising a civil and structural engineers company with regard to the acquisition of various properties, including offices and research laboratories;
- acting for a public liability company in relation to the acquisition and disposal of various investment properties;
- acting on behalf of various clients in relation to the acquisition, disposal and property management of various public houses and restaurants;
- acting on behalf of coffee shop operator in relation to the acquisition of several new sites;
- advising a betting shop operator in relation to the property aspects of its corporate acquisition programme; and
- acting on behalf of a plumbers and builders merchants in relation to its various property requirements.
Jennifer is a member of the Law Society and has also been awarded a Diploma in Land Registration Law.
Examples of how Jennifer has helped clients include:
Jennifer prides herself on understanding client's businesses and taking steps to ensure her advice meets the commercial needs of her clients. She has worked closely with various clients in order to develop service manuals containing precedent documentation and procedure guidelines. The bespoke documentation reflects the client's specific requirements which assists in driving down timescales and costs.
Away from the office ...
Jennifer tries to keep fit by running and enjoys spending time visiting friends and family. She also recently fallen in love with skiing and is known by her family as "The Blue Blur".
- Acquisition and Disposal of Commercial Property
- Commercial Property Development
- Commercial Property Finance / Secured Lending
- Leisure & Retail
- Pension Property Investments