Jenny joined Trethowans as a legal secretary in 1998 and began studying towards becoming a Chartered Legal Executive in 2000. She qualified as a Member of the Institute of Chartered Legal Executives in 2002 and now assists solicitors in the Wills, Probate and Trusts Team to advise individuals on the protection of their property, capital and other assets during their lifetime and upon their death.
Jenny particularly handles and assists with the preparation of Wills as well as obtaining Probate and administration of estates upon death. In addition, she enables individuals to retain control of their finances and personal affairs by assisting them with Lasting Powers of Attorney (previously known as Enduring Powers of Attorney).
Examples of how Jenny has helped clients include:
- Jenny has received instructions from a client, prepared their Will and got it signed the same day.
- She has helped with the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney to allow the preferred people to manage an individual's property and affairs when they have become mentally incapable of doing so.
- Jenny has obtained Probate promptly to avoid the sale of a property falling through.
Away from the office...
Jenny has two young children which occupy most of her spare time. She is also the Vice Chair of a local Toddler Group and a PTA committee member at her local primary school.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Probate and Estate Administration