Jo is a solicitor in the Commercial Property Team.
Jo initially joined the Commercial Property Team as a trainee in May 2007 and qualified as a Solicitor on 1st May 2009. Before commencing her Training Contract, Jo gained experience as a Legal Assistant in the Residential Property Team.
Prior to joining the firm Jo obtained an LLB in Law from Exeter University and successfully completed her LPC at Guildford College of Law.
Jo handles a variety of commercial property work including acquisitions / disposals, landlord and tenant work and she also provides advice in relation to the erection of telecommunication apparatus on landowner's sites. She has also been heavily involved in the transfer of a substantial property portfolio on behalf of pension schemes and in the first registration of mines and minerals on vast mining sites.
Jo also assists Partner Garry Treagust on other commercial property transactions and offers clients a more cost-effective option for legal advice.
Examples of how Jo helped clients include:
- Exchanged a commercial property purchase in 2 days. The client was eager to get into the property and didn't want any due diligence carried out which enabled Jo to get the deal through in a matter of days.
- Saved client's paying a hefty first registration fee. This was in connection with the first registration of a large site involving freehold, leasehold and interests in mines and minerals. Rather than paying a fee for each parcel of land Jo agreed with the land registry to pay a set fee for all leasehold land, freehold land etc.
Away from the office...
Jo loves all sporting activities and is happy to try anything once which has included bungee jumping! She also enjoys water ski-ing, sailing, playing tennis and going to the gym. Jo is an avid traveller and enjoys learning about different cultures and traditions.
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Landlord and Tenant work
- Portfolio work dealing with substantial property transfers
- First registration of vast sites including mines and minerals
- Advice in relation to the erection of telecommunication apparatus