Sarah has been practicing since 1981and specialises in Wills, Probate, including International Probate, Trusts and Tax Planning.
As the result of mergers firstly between Greenwood & Hargreaves and RS Hawkins and Co and subsequently between Hawkins Greenwood and Dickinson Manser she has effectively been with Dickinson Manser throughout her career.
In early years the focus of Sarah’s work was litigation - the criminal litigation involving regular visits to Winchester and Dorchester prisons along with Crown Court work, the civil litigation involving mainly debt collection and other civil disputes. She also handled a great deal of conveyancing and was trained to navigate her way around unregistered titles from which she realised the enjoyment of technical drafting.
Private Client work was however always a feature of Sarah’s work and increased for her at Hawkins Greenwood where she took control of the Private Client Department and paved the way for her later role as Head of the Private Client Department at Dickinson Manser.
Examples of how Sarah has helped clients:
- “It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with you over the past few years and I have appreciated your friendly, professional and efficient manner.” (Lawyer retiring from Isle of Man firm of Solicitors with which she continues to work on numerous off shore cases)
- “I want to thank you for your help, cooperation, and efficiency in handling my brother's and my interests in this estate. You have done a superb job that is matchless.” (Beneficiary resident in USA)
- “Very many thanks for all that you have done to finalise both the estates of my father and mother. Thank you for all your kindness and support while they were alive and your professional help since they died.” (Daughter of couple who died within a few days of each other and whose affairs I handled for many years)
- “You did a wonderful job with my Father’s Deed of Variation. Thank you.” (Beneficiary)
- "Thank you for the care you have taken in dealing with my husband's estate. It has made it a lot easier for me at this very difficult and sad time."
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work on this matter.I look forward to working with you again in the future." ( When acting for an Isle of Man firm in obtaining a UK Grant of Probate)
Away from the office...
Sarah is married with two adult daughters. An enjoyment of travel has led to organising the Bournemouth & District Law Society’s European Law Conference for several years. This has taken place in various European cities and interaction with our UK Ambassadors abroad and senior foreign judges has been a feature. Theatre and the arts in general are a great interest as are sports, particularly equestrian sports. Real relaxation comes at home from enjoying the garden and being creative in the kitchen for family and friends.
- Tax Planning
- International Probate