Simon is a vastly experienced employment lawyer and regularly advises a wide range of employer clients including multi-nationals, national brands and plcs. Simon has a wealth of experience across all market sectors including manufacturing, distribution, leisure, I.T., recruitment and the NHS.
Simon specialises in advising employers on transfers of undertakings (TUPE), restrictive covenants, redundancy programmes, discrimination issues and trade union recognition.
Simon is known for giving “practical” advice and has been described by clients as “very proactive" and "very down to earth”. If issues become difficult and contentious, then Simon comes into his own. Simon has an impeccable track record when representing clients at Employment Tribunal. In 2012 Simon once again won all his clients’ cases that went to a Full Hearing.
Simon is also the Firm’s Managing Partner.
- Joined Trethowans as Head of Employment in January 2005
- Became Managing Partner in June 2009
Professional Qualifications, Accreditations and Memberships
- Law Society member
- Employment Lawyers Association member
- Member of the Institute of Directors
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) member
- Recommended by Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession
- Recommended by Legal 500
- Guest speaker for various organisations
- Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
- Discrimination (on the grounds of sex, race, disability, religion etc)
- Restrictive Covenants