Tim is a highly experienced and respected Solicitor specialising in residential property law. Having obtained an LLB law degree, Tim qualified in 1997 and has spent his career in Devon, Berkshire and, in the last 9 years, here in Wiltshire.
Formerly a Partner of a four office Devizes firm, Tim joined Trethowans as an Associate in July 2008 as Head of the Residential Property Team and became a Senior Associate in 2010 and ultimately Partner in April 2011.
Tim specialises in all aspects of residential conveyancing, including bespoke high value sales and purchases of both freehold and leasehold properties, land options, the creation of long property leases, lease extensions, trust deeds, and mortgages.
Since being at Trethowans, Tim has brought a refreshing drive for ever increasing quality for his Team. He continuously demands that his Team are not standard '9 to 5 workers' but in fact provide clients with the very best value for money in the area, whether through the quality of legal advice, documentation, regular client communication and always going 'that extra mile'.
Tim's goal is to offer a quality service that few firms are able to match, so that clients can truely feel they have their own personal lawyer for life.
Client accolades include:
- "We were very impressed with your professional approach. We were also pleasantly surprised with our bill for the sale of the house. We will definitely recommend you..."
- "Just a quick note to say thank you for all your help and support during the recent sale of our property."
- "Thank you very much for the patience you showed...your advice was most helpful and I am very glad I heeded all of it"
- "Very pro-active. Wonderful service, never had to be chased."
- "Quite the easiest property transaction by a mile!"
Away from the office ...
If you can actually get him away from helping his clients (and confiscate his Blackberry too) Tim is kept very busy by his two young daughters, but when he sneaks away, he does enjoy swimming, racket sports, travel, socialising and gardening. With the big old 40 approaching, actual gym membership may also be needed (but don't tell him)!
- Sales, purchases, mortgages and plot sales
- Transfers of ownership and trust deeds
- Overage/uplift agreements, the grant of rights over land and land options
- Equity Release mortgages
- Grant of long residential leases
Watch the video below to see how Tim and his team felt about winning Estate Agents Conveyancing Firm of the Year