William handles a wide variety of commercial disputes, with a particular specialism in property related disputes. He has considerable experience of a range of contentious commercial, residential and agricultural property matters including landlord and tenant disputes, dilapidations, restrictive covenants, LVT claims (including service charge, enfranchisement and lease extensions), security of tenure, boundaries and easements, remedies where there is an insolvent tenant, flooding, planning appeals, forfeiture and trespassers.
William has successfully acted for clients as diverse as property companies, multinationals, pub and restaurant chains, a renowned theatre impresario, leading rugby clubs, large and small landowners, banks, livery companies, charities and title indemnity insurers.
- Studied Law at the College of Law, York (Legal Practice Course) and the University of Westminster (Common Professional Examination)
- Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales in 1997
- Joined Trethowans as an Associate in July 2008
Professional Qualifications, Accreditations and Memberships
- Law Society Member
- Possession and Forfeiture
- Rent Arrears
- Service Charge Disputes
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 proceedings
- LVT applications