The equine industry is increasingly becoming specialist. With no specific legal definition of “equine law” this diverse and often complex field has particular legal issues demanding people who combine their interest in horses with sound business and legal knowledge.
Our team includes professionals who understand the time, money and emotion that is invested in horse ownership and working in the horse industry. This enables us to be responsive to our clients' needs and provide practical and effective legal expertise.
Whether you are an individual or business owner we can advise on:
- The sale and purchase of equestrian property including equestrian centres, riding schools, polo yards, stud farms and land
- Equestrian business tenancies. For example, the leasing of racing yards and polo yards
- Livery Agreements (DIY, part, full, working and competition livery)
- Grazing agreements
- Personal Injury (liabilities and disputes)
- Non-commercial tenancies
- Setting up a new equestrian business
- Employment contracts
- Contracts for the sale of horses and loan agreements
- Rights of way