Immigration is as much a political as a legal issue. The rules are evolving all the time so you need someone who knows their way around the rules and who understands the way in which they are changing.
We advise individuals and their families on how they can make applications to come to or remain in the UK. We advise on eligibility for visas, on the applications themselves and on strategies for settlement. The sort of questions we are asked include:
- Can my wife / husband join me in this country?
- Can I move from a student to a work visa or permanent residence?
- Can I extend my visitors visa now I am married to a UK citizen?
- What do I need to send with my application?
- Can I come to the UK as a dependent of my spouse who’s a citizen of an EU Member State?
- How do I regularise my status after overstaying my visa?
We also offer guidance on appealing decisions and we can run an appeal with you. In one notable appeal we succeeded when the Immigration Judge ruled that the Home Office was “essentially unwilling” to even consider its own rules.
We have acted for persons living both in and outside the UK, including countries such as New Zealand, Hong Kong, USA, the Philippines, Holland, Uganda and South Africa.
If your goal is to become a British citizen we can help you achieve it by steering you along the path to naturalisation.