Our client was the driver of a vehicle involved in a road traffic accident when an articulated lorry pulled out in front of him without looking. This caused a "severe impact" collision which resulted in multiple orthopaedic fractures and severe head injuries for our client.
The following compensation was obtained:
- Payment for the injuries.
- Interim payments to replace lost earnings.
- Medical treatment and reviews funded privately.
- Driving retraining and assessment (following head injury).
- Provision of a brain injury case manager to co-ordinate rehabilitation programme.
- Support in getting back to a work environment.
- Additional financial support to cover rehabilitation costs.
- Referrals to specialist support organisations such as Headway - the Brain Injury Association (local Salisbury Branch and Headway National).