Our client was a rear seat passenger in a vehicle which was involved in a direct side impact with an oncoming car. Amongst other injuries he suffered a major head injury that damaged the frontal and temporal lobes of the brain, which seriously affected his memory and cognitive abilities. At the time of the accident the client was 18 years old. His injuries meant he has very limited work ability.
The following compensation was obtained
- Invested damages award to secure an income for life.
- Purchased a property and advised on necessary adaptations.
- Assigned an Occupational Therapist to help improve memory techniques and maximise cognitive abilities.
- Case Manager appointed to provide vocational rehabilitation and identify opportunities for voluntary part-time employment.
- Counselling and training for the client's family and to cope with the client's anger and moods.
- Put client in touch with a specialist Neuropsychologist for appropriate treatment.
- Appointed as Deputy to manage the client's financial affairs.