If you have been injured or had an illness caused by negligence whilst working for the Armed Forces, you can make a claim against your employer or any third party at fault. Our experienced personal injury team has a proven track record of handling a variety of claims for personnel in the Armed Forces (Army, Navy, RAF, MOD Civilians).
Types of claims include:
- Accidents at work.
- Injuries in road traffic accidents.
- Medical negligence by Medical Officers and hospitals.
- Assaults on military personnel.
- Claims for military dependants.
Whether your injury was sustained whilst you were serving home or abroad, on or off-duty, a claim for compensation may be made. We can give you a realistic assessment of your case from the outset and practical guidance on how to proceed.
Examples of those we've helped in the armed forces include:
- Slipping on a tank: Failure to maintain the surface of a tank which lead to a soldier slipping and sustaining a back injury.
- Medical negligence: Preventing a soldier from attending a doctors appointment for treatment of a condition, which led to him becoming blind.
- Faulty equipment: The failure of a soldier's holding equipment which lead to serious head and eye injuries.
- Falling from a helicopter: A soldier fell from a helicopter and sustained a serious head injury, which led to him being medically discharged. Compensation was recovered for the full loss of earnings, pension, the cost of care and rehabilitation, and a move to more suitable accommodation.