There are many reasons why you may wish to support a worthwhile course, either in your lifetime or by your Will. Philanthropy also attracts tax incentives which, combined with a desire to give back to society, can make it a desirable proposition for you.
Our experienced team of lawyers can advise you on the legal and financial implications of the different ways you can support a charity including advising you on how best to meet your aspirations either through an existing charitable entity or establishing a charitable trust. We can also advise on the Chancellor of the Exchequer’s proposals to encourage charitable giving including the reduced rate of inheritance tax as well as gift aid and income tax relief.
Many of our partners are trustees themselves of local charitable organisations and are able to bring to the advice given their breath of experience of the subject.
Working with you and your family we will advise on:
- The most suitable vehicle to meet your charitable aspirations
- How to maximise the tax efficiency of any proposed charitable donation
- Leaving bequests in your Will
- Establishing a charitable trust
- Advising on charitable trust law and the roles and responsibilities of trustees