Careless driving (also known as driving without due care and attention) is when the standard of driving falls below that of a careful and competent driver.
Examples of what might be considered careless driving are:
- overtaking another vehicle on the inside
- turning into the path of another vehicle
- jumping a red light
- driving whilst distracted
If you are convicted of careless driving you can face a disqualification from driving or 3 – 9 penalty points, a fine and costs.
How we can help
If you are prosecuted for careless driving, we can assist by:
- advising on plea, having reviewed the prosecution evidence
- representing you at court with the aim of obtaining the best outcome for you
For more information about how we can help you, please contact us or call us on 0800 2800 421 without delay.