Our team of specialist regulatory solicitors advise on food safety legal compliance issues and represent clients suspected of committing food safety and hygiene offences.
Our solicitors have acted for a wide variety of food businesses including food manufacturers, hoteliers and owners of takeaways.
The consequences of a prosecution for a food business can be severe: criminal convictions, imprisonment for individuals, hefty fines, and adverse publicity leading to loss of reputation.
How we can help you
Our specialist regulatory solicitors can help support you by:
- providing legal compliance advice
- advising and representing you following the service of a hygiene improvement or prohibition notice
- provide strategic advice if you are facing a criminal investigation by a regulator, such as a local authority
- representing you at an interview under caution (PACE interview)
- advising on potential penalties
- representing you at the Magistrates’ or Crown court
So that we can help you achieve the best possible outcome, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible if you become aware of an investigation or receive a formal enforcement notice or court summons.
Please do get in touch on 0800 2800 421 or using the contact form if you would like more information about how we can help you.