WEBINAR: Covid-19 Commercial Property update – tips to help you through lockdown and beyond
Join us for our latest Commercial Property webinar in which we will review the latest developments in the commercial property market including the impact of Covid-19 and how landlords and business owners can prepare for a post-Covid 19 recovery.
Date: Tuesday 23 June 2020
Time: 11am to 12 noon
This webinar is free to attend and is suitable for commercial landlords, business owners and property professionals.
Please submit any questions you may have for the panel in advance, although they will also take questions on the day.
Robert Bajaj, Trethowans
Partner, Commercial Litigation
11am to 11.15am
- Covid-19 overview
- Alternatives to possession
- Force majeure and rent suspension
- Insolvency position and restrictions – what happens if your tenant is in financial difficulties?
Linden Talbot, Trethowans
Associate, Commercial Litigation
11.15am to 11.30am
- Rent payments and reductions
- Lease renewals
- Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery (CRAR)
Sarah Humphrey, Trethowans
Partner, Commercial Property
11.30am to 11.45am
- Alterations to buildings and work spaces to comply with Covid-19 regulations
Jonathan Chew, Wilberforce Chambers
11.45am to 12 noon
- Frustration of leases (and other arrangements) given Covid-19
- Practical problems getting a deal through: break clauses and contracts of sale
- Insurance Rent and disease clauses
- Re-opening multi-tenant spaces: Landlord and tenant obligations