Emily is a Solicitor in Trethowans’ Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence team based in the Poole office in Dorset. Emily deals with all aspects of Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence claims, including, but not limited to, Road Traffic Accidents, employers liability claims, public liability claims, delay in diagnosis claims, birth injuries and claims involving incorrect/ substandard treatment.
As well as running her own demanding multi-track caseload, Emily also works extensively on senior colleagues’ high value cases, gaining valuable experience in brain, spinal, catastrophic injury and significant value/complex clinical negligence work.
Emily completed her LLB (Hons) Law Degree in 2018 at Bournemouth University. She then went on to study her Legal Practice Course with Masters (LLM) at the University of Law in Guildford prior to qualifying as a solicitor in September 2021.
Notable work highlights
- Successfully settled a 5-figure case which had been ongoing for 5 years at the Pre-Trial.
- Settlement Hearing, a few months prior to Trial.
- Attended a Pre-Inquest Review Hearing on a significant Employer’s Liability claim.
- Settled a 5-figure case for a client prior to having to issue Court Proceedings.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
- Committee member of the Bournemouth and District Law Society (BDLS).
- Committee member of the Bournemouth and District Junior Lawyers Division (BDJLD).
- Accredited as a APIL Litigator.