Emma trained and worked in London at Travers Smith, before joining Womble Bond Dickinson in Southampton. She joined Trethowans’ new office in Bournemouth in 2019.
Emma works primarily with corporate borrowers and lenders on regional, national and international transactions. She has experience in a wide range of finance transactions, including acquisition finance, property finance, project finance and general corporate lending.
Emma advises on a range of finance documents including loan agreements; security documents and guarantees; deeds of priority and intercreditor agreements; loan note instruments; letters of credit and bonds; and legal opinions. She is very familiar with bank standard form documents and LMA documentation; and will often draft bespoke loan and security documents to cater for a client’s particular needs.
Notable work highlights
- Acting for a leading defence technology company in relation to its £220.5m & US$15m facilities and US private placement;
- Acting for a leading renewable energy company on its £80m revolving credit facilities.
- Acting for the MCG Group on its £20m funding package from Tosca Debt Capital LLP;
- Advising Lloyds Bank plc in relation to a group reorganisation of a large healthcare, logistics and contracting group and the subsequent sale of part of the business;
- Acting on a substantial refinancing for CT Automotive Group Limited, an international manufacturing business in the automotive sector;
- Advising HSBC UK Bank plc on its £4m revolving credit facility for a global electronic invoicing firm;
- Advising Mark Allen Holdings Limited on its £14m refinancing;
- Acting for National Westminster Bank Plc on its £2.49m secured term loan facility for Kingston Maurward College;
- Acting for an individual lender in relation to a loan facility to refinance outstanding loans and for the development of existing barns into residential units.
What our clients say about Emma
“Emma is always very approachable and can suggest practical solutions.”
“Emma is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable.”
“Emma has assisted us in various matters; her knowledge and understanding of our business has been incredibly helpful.”
“Emma is a driven lawyer and often went above and beyond to ensure deal matters were progressed efficiently.”
“Emma Earp has a calm, considered approach to her advice which makes her both easy to work with and also very effective. She takes the time to understand our priorities and keeps that in mind throughout the transaction. We have been very impressed with her willingness to work to whatever timetable we need and bright and positive attitude throughout!”