Ferhat has over 20 years’ experience advising on all aspects of insurance including road traffic and catastrophic claims, as well as employer’s liability and public liability claims.
He advises a number of insurer clients in relation to liability claims arising outside the UK including France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Mexico and the US among others.
Recommended in the Ninth Edition of The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom and The Best Lawyers Business Edition for Personal Injury Litigation in London.
Notable work highlights
- Arnesen v Heffey CA  – liability successfully appealed on behalf of the defendant’s insurers;
- Jimaale v London Buses Limited  – defendant’s right to a fair trial under Article 6 European Convention on Human Rights;
- Instructed by underwriters to establish the cause of death in Greece following a verdict of accidental death. Secured the police and toxicology reports and established the deceased was considerably over the relevant alcohol limit thereby avoiding payment;
- Instructed by insurers in relation to a road traffic collision involving a minor who allegedly suffered brain injury. Damages sought approximately £3.5 million. Liability was admitted and the claim was settled for £241,000.00;
- Instructed by insurers in relation to a skiing accident in Italy involving a minor, up and coming professional German golfer who suffered potentially life changing injuries.