Ferhat has over 20 years’ experience advising on all aspects of insurance including road traffic and catastrophic claims, as well as employer’s liability and public liability claims.
He advises a number of insurer clients in relation to liability claims arising outside the UK including France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Mexico and the US among others.
Notable work highlights
- Arnesen v Heffey CA  – liability successfully appealed on behalf of the defendant’s insurers.
- Jimaale v London Buses Limited  – defendant’s right to a fair trial under Article 6 European Convention on Human Rights.
- Instructed by underwriters to establish the cause of death in Greece following a verdict of accidental death. Secured the police and toxicology reports and established the deceased was considerably over the relevant alcohol limit thereby avoiding payment.
- Instructed by insurers in relation to a road traffic collision involving a minor who allegedly suffered brain injury. Damages sought approximately £3.5 million. Liability was admitted and the claim was settled for £241,000.00.
- Instructed by insurers in relation to a skiing accident in Italy involving a minor, up and coming professional German golfer who suffered potentially life changing injuries.