Fractures and soft tissues injuries are a routine part of the work GP surgeries and hospitals undertake. Unfortunately, mistakes can be made in treating these injuries. If you have suffered an orthopaedic injury as a result of negligence, then our team of clinical negligence solicitors may be able to help you seek compensation.
Orthopaedic surgery covers a wide range of muscular, bone and joint injuries. The majority of these go ahead without issue, however, sometimes an unintended surgical mistake can have a catastrophic impact. Both the physical and emotional stress of a misdiagnosed or mistreated orthopaedic injury can have a massive impact on the effected and their family. Bringing an orthopaedic claim can help relieve some of the additional financial pressure you may be under due to limited mobility or pain that prevents you from doing your job, for example.
Negligent errors can occur as a result of:
- failure to suspect a fracture and refer for tests
- failure by a GP to refer the patient for x-ray
- failure to interpret x-rays correctly causing fractures to be missed
- delay in diagnosing the fracture
- failure to immobilise the fracture
- failure to operate on a fracture that is not healing (i.e. a fracture that is going to “non union”)
- allowing a fracture to heal in the wrong position (i.e. allowing a fracture to go to “malunion”)
- failure to give anticoagulants to prevent possible blood clots
- failure to recognise and treat compartment syndrome
We are often able to represent clients on a no win no fee basis. Our team of medical negligence lawyers are highly experienced in representing clients during orthopaedic claims and can offer expert legal advice and guidance to help you receive the compensation you deserve. Call us today on 0800 2800 421 or submit a quick contact form and we will get back you as soon as possible.