Our Corporate Team have acted for exiting shareholders on sales and on MBOs where the transaction is private equity backed. Likewise we have acted for institutional investors.
Private equity transactions are normally complex and you need legal advisers experienced in this sector, and who know what is important for private equity investors so that we can assist to meet their objectives. The demand for private equity backed transactions has grown especially if debt funding is not available to the buyer.
Why choose Trethowans?
Our corporate lawyers advise clients on a full range of venture capital and private equity transactions.
Our experience allows us to support our clients in achieving a successful outcome whether it be for seed/early stage, growth, development transactions, sales and acquisitions.
Our private equity lawyers are fully supported by internal colleagues in specialist disciplines such as Banking & Finance, Employment, Commercial, Tax and Commercial Property
Our recent experience includes:
- Advising on a multi-million pound investment by BGF, the UK and Ireland’s most active investor, in a leading provider of energy data and analytics services
- Advising The MCG Group on its £20 million funding package from Tosca Debt Capital LLP, a private debt fund, to support its ambitious growth plans
- Acting for the sellers of a precision engineering company to a buyer backed by LDC
- Acting for a tech business in relation to first round seed investment with two additional third party private equity investments
- Acting for the sellers of automobile software company to a buyer backed by Inflexion, a leading UK mid-market private equity firm,
- Acting for a health-tech start-up business taking investment from a large international group
- Acting for a large private company making strategic investments
For expert legal advice on venture capital and private equity transactions, contact our specialist team today on 0800 2800 421.