Tables and Chairs/Pavement Licences

Placing furniture and signs on the pavement outside of your restaurant, pub or café can make your premises more noticeable and inviting to customers.

However, before doing so you should make sure you have in place the correct permissions and licences to avoid unwanted attention from the authorities, as placing your furniture on the public highway without permission can lead to heavy fines. This area of law is complicated and the process varies from council to council.

Our expert licensing team have a well earned reputation in applying for tables and chairs licences (also known as pavement or street trading licences) for premises that wish to expand their operation by offering external seating outside of their pub or restaurant on the public highway. Every local authority has a different policy and process but our team has extensive experience of successfully obtaining licences nationwide and will be able to help and guide you through this complex process.

Once granted, this type of licence does not last indefinitely and requires renewal usually every 6 or 12 months.

Why choose Trethowans?

We are well versed in dealing with high volume renewals nationwide and will be happy to alleviate you of this administrative burden so freeing up your time to concentrate on the success of business.

We can help you with:

  • Advising on the process involved
  • Making the application on your behalf
  • Dealing with your annual renewal

Contact our expert licensing team today to discuss your pavement or street trading licences on 0800 2800 421 or by using the form.

Answers are just a click away