A personal licence is a portable licence granted to an individual permitting the holder to authorise the sale of alcohol in any business that holds a premises licence. Businesses such as bars, restaurants, hotels, cafes, off licences, selling alcohol require a Designated Premises Supervisor named on the premises licence, and to qualify for this role the individual must hold a personal licence.
The key features of an application for a personal licence are that the applicant must:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be able to prove their right to work in the UK
- Have attended an approved training course – the Award for Personal Licence Holders
- Obtain a basic DBS check – this is a criminal record check
- Once granted the licence will last indefinitely unless surrendered or suspended /revoked by the licensing authority or a court.
Why choose Trethowans?
Our team has vast experience in dealing with high volume personal licence applications and can deal with this process on your behalf, freeing up your time to concentrate on the business operation.
We can help you with:
- Advice and assistance regarding completion of all application forms to include any previous convictions
- Submission of application to licensing authority
- Representation at hearing (if a hearing is required)
Contact our expert licensing team today to discuss your premises licensing needs on 0800 2800 421 or contact us using the form.