Contracts of employment are the cornerstone of employment law. We recommend you undertake a detailed employment contract review and take advice in order to understand what your new employer is offering. For example, is the bonus or share scheme offered contractual or discretionary? Can the employer lawfully change your duties or reporting line?
You should also be clear about what happens if you leave; does the contract limit your ability to move to another employer? Will you lose your bonus or shares if you leave?
Speak to our employment contract specialist solicitors who can advise you on contract terms and where necessary, renegotiate terms of employment for you.
You may also want advice on your current service agreement. Please see Director and Senior Management Terminations page.
Our specialist employment contract solicitors can:
- Report on the provisions of your new service agreement/ contract of employment
- Offer advice on whether a benefit offered is contractual or discretionary
- Advise you on the enforceability of post-termination provisions in your new contract (e.g. confidentiality, post-termination restrictions)
- Negotiate amendments to terms
- Advise on any associated shareholders agreements, bonus schedules etc
- Advise on share options
Why choose Trethowans?
We are a leading Firm recognised in the Legal 500 2023 and Chambers and Partners 2023. The Employment Team is also ranked in for Employment Law in the South
For expert legal advice on director or senior management employment contracts and service agreements, don’t hesitate to contact our team of experienced team of employment law solicitors on 0800 2800 421.