The issues surrounding a persons property and financial affairs later in life and in death have never been more complex. Making Wills, the administration of estates and trusts, lasting powers of attorney and deputyship can involve significant decisions which impact on the wellbeing of a client and his or her family and beneficiaries.
Trethowans’ litigation solicitors can advise in all situations and clients include individuals, beneficiaries, executors, estates, trustees, attorneys and charities. In particular they can advise on:
- Claims under Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Acts 1975
- Disputed Wills
- Statutory Wills
- Probate claims
- Mental capacity and undue influence
- Caveats, Warnings and Citations
- Removal of Executors and Trustees
- Proper Administration of Estates and Trusts
- Rectification claims
- Tracing of estate and trust assets
- Constructive / Resulting Trusts
- Challenging Attorney’s appointments and actions (Enduring and Lasting Powers of Attorney)
- Challenging Deputy’s appointment and actions
- Proprietary estoppel claims
The Contentious Probate Team is headed by Partner Andrew Carswell, an experienced solicitor and a Member of ACTAPS (Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialist) and Emma Cross, a solicitor with growing experience in this field.
The team can be flexible in respect of funding arrangements and will discuss whether claims can be funded under a conditional fee agreement. Get in touch today on 0800 2800 421 to discuss your probate dispute with an experienced solicitor.