Changing Terms and Harmonisation
From time to time, as an employee, you will be faced with a request to change your terms and conditions of employment. Some changes will be minor, however some may have a significant impact on you and your family. As a result, you are likely to want to resist the change.
Knowing your rights to refuse are vital, as refusal to accept a change in the face of a right to do so, can place your employment relationship in difficulty. Bluntly, this can be the difference between a fair variation of contract and an employment tribunal claim.
We can help with:
- Assessing whether there is a right in your employment contract to make the change
- The process for making an unlawful change
- The scope to lawfully dismiss and re-engage on new terms
- The withdrawal of benefits
- Collective consultation requirements (including elections and HR1)
- Union negotiations and collective bargaining
For expert advice on changing employment terms, don’t hesitate to contact our team of experienced employment solicitors on 0800 2800 421.