Director Appointments and Terminations
As a senior level executive or director, you offer a great deal of value to both the business you are leaving and the business you are moving to. As a result, it is highly likely that the employment contract you are exiting from and/or the contract you are going to will limit what you can and cannot do both during the engagement and after you leave.
We recommend that you seek legal advice in the early stages of negotiations with your new employer so we can advise you on the legal implication of what you are signing and, where necessary, negotiate a better or more favourable deal for you.
We, and our complementary teams can:
- Advise you on the enforceability of post-termination provisions in your old contract (e.g. confidentiality, post-termination restrictions)
- Breach of contract issues
- Negotiating an early exit
- Report on the provisions of your new service agreement
- Negotiate the amendments to terms
- Advise on any associated shareholders agreements, bonus schedules
- Advise on share options
- Advising on settlement agreements
For expert advice on director appointments, don’t hesitate to contact our team of experienced employment solicitors on 0800 2800 421.