TUPE, Insourcing and Outsourcing
When your organisation sells or buys business assets, and when it insources or outsources business services, your employment might be affected.
Under regulations that cover the transfer of employment (known as TUPE) and under other regulations covering consultation at work, you may have rights and your employer may have obligations. If you are unhappy with what is happening to you we can advise you.
We and our complementary teams can:
- Advise you on managing the TUPE process correctly
- Assist in dealing with employee representatives/unions as part of the consultation
- Guide you though any changes that you wish to make to terms and conditions
- Offer strategic advice and guidance on redundancies and restructuring of the business
- Advise on the protection of legal rights before and after sale/transfer
- Advise you on the effect of objecting to the transfer and in particular the impact this has on your post-termination restrictions etc.
- Prepare you for consultation meetings
- Bring claims on your behalf for your employer’s failure to comply with its legal duties under legislation like the Transfer of
- Undertakings (Protection of employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE).
For expert advice on managing the TUPE process, don’t hesitate to contact our team of experienced employment solicitors on 0800 2800 421.