Immigration for Employers
We’re one of the few legal teams in the South to offer specialist immigration advice with a dual focus on the Immigration Rules and Employment law. We understand that there are all sorts of reasons why you might want to employ migrant workers, whether skilled or unskilled, and that the current climate of uncertainty and competitive rhetoric is counter-productive.
We can help your business:
- With strategic advice. The Tier 2 cap and the cracks which have appeared in the objectivity of the current immigration system indicate that sponsorship might not necessarily deliver the outcome you require so we’ll help you decide if it’s the right solution for your business. If it is, we’ll help you obtain and renew a licence to sponsor migrant workers under Tier 2 of the PBS or students under Tier 4
- Support workers from overseas group companies obtain visas to come here on secondment
- Manage your duties as a sponsor and support you in your use of the Sponsor Management System
- Support your investor’s applications under Tier 1 of the PBS
- Understand the immigration implications of Brexit for workers from the EU
You’ll be deciding whether to join a game which has a rich blend of legal, administrative and political themes. Playing the game starts with an understanding of the rules which is where we give you an advantage. We will guide you through the rules and how they’re applied. We’ll work with you to build a credible game plan and we’ll be frank in telling you if the pitch is unplayable.
Some of the projects we’ve recently brought to a successful conclusion include:
- Providing guidance on the implications of Brexit for workers from other EU member states
- Advising on the status of Irish workers after Brexit
- Assisting a multi-national company obtain a sponsorship licence then to issue CoS to 3 senior executives and guiding one of them through a premium application to obtain a visa over the counter in South-East Asia
- Advising and assisting a business to enable a PhD student to switch from Tier 4 into Tier 2 of the PBS
- Supporting a client’s HR team over the dismissal of an employee who’s visa had expired in circumstances where there was no clear evidence of his having applied for an extension;
- Supporting our Commercial Team and its client on the implications of the Immigration Rules in the context of the application of TUPE on the acquisition of business.We are a business ourselves so we understand your need of pragmatic and timely advice to help you meet your obligations and aspirations.