TUPE, Insourcing and Outsourcing
When you or your organisation sells or buys business assets; and when it insources or outsources business services, the rights and liabilities that relate to your employees will be significantly affected.
Whether acting as a buyer or a seller, the regulations that cover the transfer of employment (known as TUPE), require you to follow a clear and specific process. They also significantly limit your scope to make any changes to your employees’ employment after transfer.
We and our complementary teams can:
- Advise you on managing the TUPE process correctly
- Assist you in dealing with employee representatives/unions as part of the consultation
- Guide you though any changes that you wish to make to terms and conditions
- Manage any redundancies and restructuring required pre or post transfer
- Redraft any company constitutions to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Advise on the legal rights to protect rights before and after sale/ transfer
- Advise of post-termination restrictions after the transfer
- Prepare you for consultation meetings
- Defend claims that you have failed to comply with your legal duties under legislation like the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection ofEmployment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE)
For expert advice on managing the TUPE process, don’t hesitate to contact our team of experienced employment solicitors on 0800 2800 421.