Dental Practices and Professionals
Our healthcare solicitors offer comprehensive legal services and advice to those in the dental profession, to assist with all your business needs.
Specialist legal advice for the dental sector
Trethowans law firm is proud to have a team of experienced solicitors that specialise in a variety of legal issues within dental law. We have worked alongside many dental professionals over the years, including assisting with the sale of both NHS and private dental practices. To discuss your requirements with us, don’t hesitate to contact Guy Morgan, Partner and specialist healthcare solicitor, on 01722 426931.
Our expertise in dental law includes:
- buying and selling dental practices, whether representing a purchaser looking to acquire a single or multi-site practice or retiring partners or a sole practitioner selling their business;
- advising on CQC matters and NHS Contract issues (particularly in the context of dental business acquisitions);
- preparing and advising on Shared Expense Agreements and partnership deeds;
- dealing with employment issues, including drafting Associate Agreements and considering TUPE matters;
- advising on refinancing matters. The lending arrangements are often complicated. Typically, such transactions could involve security being taken by your lender over the practice’s freehold property (where relevant) and any operating lease that is granted, together with any corporate body created to own the business.
Potentially the funder could also require legal charges over personal property of the company directors and any individual life policies. We are fortunate at Trethowans in having a large team of banking solicitors with considerable experience of the issues faced in these transactions, and have built up some excellent relationships with some of the leading lenders to the dental profession. This expertise often proves to be invaluable, particularly when deadlines are extremely tight;
- dealing with all property issues affecting dentists. This work has included:
– advising on the grant of new dental surgery leases in a variety of premises including in NHS LIFT facilities;
– dealing with the surrender of a dental lease including the payment of a surrender premium by the tenant and the settlement of a dilapidations’ claim;
– managing dental lease renewals;
– advising on rent reviews;
For more information on our legal services for dentists and dental practices, please contact Partner, Guy Morgan, on 01722 426931, you can also submit an online enquiry form and the right member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.