Our public sector healthcare solicitors have been acting for NHS Bodies and local authorities for many years and are experienced in a variety of key legal disciplines.
Team members have the advantage of also representing many private sector clients. This is particularly useful when we are involved in transactions involving a private sector party, as we have a good commercial understanding of what their negotiating position is likely to be.
Trethowans is proud to be a leading law firm in the region, with offices located in Bournemouth, Poole, Winchester, Salisbury and Southampton for your convenience. To arrange a consultation with one of our experienced public sector lawyers, please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Our services for public sector clients include:
1. Estates rationalisation and disposal work
Acting for an NHS Foundation Trust on the disposal to a residential developer of a former adult mental health resource centre (held under two freehold titles) and containing restrictive covenants requiring indemnity insurance.
We visited the property. Where possible, we always try to do this, to assist our practical understanding of a site.
The property was sold subject to overage (protected by restrictions against both titles) to deliver best value and to ensure Estatecode compliance.
We addressed delayed completion by the developer by issuing a notice to complete, triggering a penalty payment and interest, under the contract.
Completion occurred four months after dispatch of the papers.
2. Leases and licences (including NHS LIFT)
Representing an NHS Trust on the taking of an underlease (a “ULPA”) in an NHS LIFT primary care facility in London.
3. Primary Care Infrastructure developments
Representing NHS Property Services Limited (NHSPS) who had assumed the contractual obligations of a former PCT, on arrangements to take a new lease of a significant part of a new health centre development from GPs.
The transaction included
- the negotiation of occupational arrangements with a multiple providers including the Borough Council
- an agreement with the Borough Council addressing the payment of Section 106 funds
- the negotiation of a service level agreement between key stakeholders at the development.
4. Employment advice
Our highly experienced employment team provide NHS organisations with a wide range of specialist expertise including:
- disciplinary matters;
- dismissal and redundancy;
- compromise agreements;
- employment tribunal case preparation and representation;
- assisting NHS HR teams on change management programmes;
- recruitment, including advising on bank and agency staff;
For further information about any of these services and how our team of public sector solicitors can make a real difference to your NHS organisation, please contact Partner, Guy Morgan on 01722 426931. Alternatively, you can submit an online enquiry form and we will get back to you shortly.