Kathryn deals with all employment law matters including discrimination to director/shareholder disputes and national minimum wage assessments to TUPE issues etc. She has extensive experience in advising business ranging from FTSE 250 and household brands to SME’s. Kathryn has built strong and sustainable relationships with her clients evidenced by her continuing to work with three HR teams, including a well known global brand for the last 10 years. Kathryn also has worked with a number of individual clients and retains a reasonable practice in claimant work.
Kathryn is ranked by Legal 500 2017 as ‘an exceptional solicitor’ and one of her clients describes her as
Overall first class.
Areas of Expertise
• Successfully supporting a client through a global reorganisation involving collective consultation and TUPE issues.
• In a bitter family feud involving a shareholder, director and employment dispute, resolving the position to save the business.
• Offering extensive TUPE support to a client involved in the concurrent acquisition to two businesses.
• Restructuring shift work contracts to comply with national minimum wage and working time issues, including the change of employment terms.
• Successfully resisting an application against a manufacturing client for Union recognition.
• Drafting complex earn-out service agreements for exiting shareholders/director following acquisition.
• Successful negotiating a settlement on an extensive and bitter claim high value and evidential technical claim for discrimination, whistleblowing, unfair dismissal.
• Advising and guiding a client on dismissing a long-term sick employee with extensive grounds for claim. The employee left with no claim or settlement.
• Settling a highly emotive restrictive covenant dispute which left our client free to compete, in spite if the original restrictions.
• Providing solid but user friendly HR and Employment training to client manager and director teams on issues such as how to conduct an effective investigation, equality and employment issues in social media
What others say
“I work in the professional services sector and I have to say that Kathryn is one of the best advisors that I’ve come across in any capacity. Great service, great advice, great result- thank-you Kathryn”
Away from the office
Kathryn loves spending time with her family and friends. She regularly goes to the gym and loves walking the dog which is balanced out by her love for food and cooking. Kathryn is a huge fan of music of all genres.