I am the Head of Employment Law at Trethowans LLP and I am recognised in the Legal 500. I have experience in all areas of employment law. From TUPE, national minimum wage and working time regulation compliance to discrimination, grievances and performance and absence management matters. My particular specialism is strategic planning. In other words, getting my clients where they want to be. I am direct and to the point.
I am a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 2021 guide.
Notable Work Highlights
- Carrying out National Minimum Wage and Working Time Regulations audit. Followed by advice and support to successfully change employment terms to restructure non-compliant terms and conditions.
- Representing the alleged harasser in a multi-day, multi-respondent discrimination and unfair dismissal claim.
- Negotiating a commercial settlement for a large client in an aggressively fought multi-day discrimination, whistleblowing and unfair dismissal claim.
- Providing strategic advice and detailed documentation to support household logistics brand through a global reorganisation involving collective consultation and TUPE issues.
- Advising on and delivering unanimous employee agreement to a contract variation resulting in the closure of a final salary pension scheme.
- Devising and delivering a practical and commercially sensitive resolution to shareholder and employment issues arising from a bitter family feud.
- Successfully resisting Union CAC application for Union recognition.
- Negotiating and drafting complex earn-out provisions in exiting shareholder/director service agreements.
- Advising and guiding a client on dismissing a high-risk long-term sick employee with extensive grounds for a disability discrimination claim. This ended with no claim or settlement.
- Conducting negotiations for a client in a restrictive covenant dispute, leaving the client free to compete.
- Delivering User-Friendly Employment Law internal training for clients on various issues such as how to conduct an effective investigation, disciplinary and grievance hearings, equality, inclusion and diversity and employment issues in social media.
What others say
‘Kathryn Evans is outstanding in her knowledge and always talks through the plans and ensures that you understand. She also knows the real world and the day to day challenges we sometimes face with staff. Kathryn will always get back to you personally, so you don’t feel like your case is being passed around.‘
“I work in the professional services sector and I have to say that Kathryn is one of the best advisors that I’ve come across in any capacity. Great service, great advice, great result- thank-you Kathryn” – Client
I am ranked by Legal 500 as: "an exceptional solicitor" and one of my clients describes me as: "overall first class."