Trethowans is a premier law firm in the South of England providing a comprehensive range of services for business and individual clients.
On the commercial side, we represent international and national household brand names, owner-managed businesses, entrepreneurs and major regional employers across the UK. When acting for individuals, we represent landowners, entrepreneurs, local families, property developers and Trustees amongst others.
Trethowans at a glance:
- Trethowans is a UK Top 200 law firm;
- We have been in existence for nearly 150 years and have a team of 135 people, including 26 partners;
- We have offices in Southampton and Salisbury;
- Commercial clients include household names such as Ladbrokes plc, Endsleigh Insurance Services, Jewson (part of the Saint Gobain Group), Pizza Hut and Rowanmoor Group plc, to name a few;
- We are a member of Connect2Law, the UK’s leading legal referral and support network;
- We have handled personal injury claims with a combined value of over £100 million;
- The commercial property team handled transactions with a value of over £400 million in 2011;
- Our wealth structuring and inheritance tax lawyers provide expertise in the area of inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning and, as a niche specialism, cross border tax for individuals.
- We are involved in a number of initiatives within our localities, including sponsoring the Salisbury International Arts Festival, the South Wilts Business of the Year Awards, the Salisbury Big Business Event, the South Coast Business Awards, a number of local charities with fund raising and donations and Salisbury Rugby Club.