- 26 Oct 2016
- 2 min read
It’s not too late to buy and sell your home before Christmas
Autumn months and darker evenings can often lead to thoughts about the festive season and whether there is time to make a move and celebrate Christmas in a new home.
As property lawyers, there is nothing more rewarding than to help you just do that.
But isn’t it too late? Absolutely not!
We target to meet your goals in achieving your desired completion date, and to help you on your way, here is a list of things that you can do:
- Choose and instruct your property lawyer. By making the right choice, you can ensure your lawyer will be dynamic and prioritise you. Check that they have the Law Society badge of excellence: CQS and that they are quality managed by also having the Law Society Lexcel badge.
- Check that you have the personal contact details of your lawyer, estate agent, financial advisor or mortgage broker. Having this information is a sure sign of an accountable and prompt team, who you can easily reach, and who clearly want to engage in communication with you
- Ask your estate agent to advise all sellers and buyers in a chain of involved of your desired completion date.
- Ensure that your finances are in order. Your lawyer will ask how you will fund the purchase. You should prepare documentary evidence of savings, property or share sales, financial gifts, or a mortgage offer in principal, as examples.
- Keep in touch. If there is anything that you feel your lawyer should know, tell them!
Please ask if we can help, as we intend to wish all our clients a very merry Christmas in their new homes. If you are looking for conveyancing services in the South, our expert residential property solicitors based in Salisbury, Southampton, Poole, Bournemouth and Winchester are on hand to provide you with the legal help and guidance you need. Don’t hesitate to contact Partner and Property Solicitor Mariana Crawford, on 01722 426916 or contact us here.