- 26 Oct 2016
- 2 min read
It’s not too late to buy and sell your home before Christmas
October has seen the usual influx of people who clearly want to celebrate their new home over Christmas. And there is nothing more rewarding for a conveyancer than to be the one who helps them do just that.
But isn’t it too late? Absolutely not!
We certainly target a 4 week maximum period to a exchange, and we chase other conveyancers to do likewise. Why be slower? After all, estate agent has spent weeks of their time finding a buyer, the last thing they need is a slow conveyancer threatening the deal and causing cold feet.
However, the choice of conveyancer is crucial to achieving pace. But not rushing. Instead, expertly prompt.
By making the right choice, you can ensure your conveyancer will be dynamic and prioritise prompt activity in the following ways:
1) If a conveyancer has received verbal instructions to act, there is no reason to lose up to 2 weeks waiting for signed confirmation before doing any work
2) Question whether a law firm has to wait for money on account before auctioning conveyancing searches, or requesting £6 worth of title deeds from the Land Registry website
3) The same day a law firm is instructed, they can obtain title deeds from the land Registry website and draft most of the contract papers. Certainly a plan for the buyers searches
4) Promote their employees email addresses and telephone numbers on their website. A sure sign of an accountable and prompt team, who you can easily reach, and who clearly want to engage in communication with you
5) They employ conveyancers with experience, and dedicate the very same named lawyer to you the whole way through….not a conveyor belt of people who and who will appreciate the whole picture
6) They are prompt in replying by email – test them and see
7) They have the Law Society badge of excellence: CQS .Click here to see if your preferred conveyancer has the accreditation
8) They also are quality managed by having the Law Society Lexcel badge. Click here to see if your preferred conveyancer has the accreditation
Please ask if we can help, as we intend to wish all our clients a very merry Christmas in their new homes.
If you are looking for conveyancing services in the South, our expert residential property solicitors based in Salisbury, Southampton, Poole, Bournemouth and Winchester are on hand to provide you with the legal help and guidance you need. Don’t hesitate to contact Partner and Conveyancing Solicitor Tim Higham, on 01722 426985 or contact us here.