Zoe qualified as a solicitor in 2010 and is an Associate Solicitor in the Family Team based in Winchester. Zoe has advised on all aspects of family law for over 14 years in the Winchester area.
Zoe offer specialist advice in connection with divorce, financial settlements, pre and post nuptial agreements and all disputes relating to children including applications for child arrangements orders and applications for leave to remove from the jurisdiction. She has a wealth of experience in dealing with complex and contested children cases including cases where fact-finding hearings may be necessary. She has significant experience in advising parents in cases where Children’s Services are involved with the family.
Zoe also advises unmarried couples on their rights and can advise in connection with any disputes over property including applications under The Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
Zoe is a member of Resolution which means that she is committed to upholding their code of conduct to deal with cases in a non-confrontational manner and promoting a constructive approach to family issues that considers the needs of the whole family. She is also accredited on Family Law Panel with the Law Society which is a recognised quality standard for family lawyers who can demonstrate a high level of competence and knowledge in family law.
Zoe’s aim is to provide clear, sensible advice to help her clients achieve what they want and to resolve their issues in the most amicable way possible. She is calm and approachable and she works tirelessly to protect the interests of her clients throughout their case.
Notable work highlights
- Advised in all areas of family law in many complex cases to include contested Children Act cases, assisting grandparents and parents in dispute and advising successfully on applications for leave to remove from the jurisdiction.
- Advised on a case representing a parent through to the Court of Appeal.
- Successful application for committal to prison when representing a father whose ex-partner had repeatedly breached a contact order without justification.
- Successful application on behalf of a mother for leave to remove her children from the jurisdiction after complex and contested Children Act Proceedings.
Away from the office
Zoe lives in Hampshire with her husband and two young children who keep her very busy when not at work.
She is a big football fan (watching not playing!) and also enjoys reading and learning about Tudor history.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Member of Resolution.
- Dragonfly Champion.
- Accredited with The Law Society – Family Law Panel.
Insights and thoughts written by Zoe
Who gets the house if we get divorced?
12 Feb 2024•
< 1 min read
My ex-partner is not complying with the Child Arrangements Order – what can I do?
30 Jun 2022•
2 min read
Coercive and controlling behaviour in family proceedings
14 Jun 2022•
2 min read
Trio of new lawyers join Trethowans
22 Mar 2022•
< 1 min read